In the ever-evolving landscape of digital marketing, webinars have emerged as a powerful tool for connecting with your audience, sharing knowledge, and driving engagement. These virtual events offer a unique opportunity to showcase expertise and deliver valuable content.
However, hosting a successful webinar is just one piece of the puzzle. Equally important is the art of effectively promoting your webinar to the right audience. In this guide, we’ll walk you through some strategies for promoting your webinar, backed by examples and statistics that reveal the impact of each approach.
Promoting your webinar
1. Leverage recorded webinars for lead generation: Use your recorded webinars as gated content behind lead generation forms on social media, content syndication platforms, and your website. A recorded webinar is a great tool to generate leads on an unrestricted timeline.
CASE STUDY: ArtForm generated 183 qualified leads in four months while promoting an on-demand webinar directed toward a State and Local Government and Education (SLED) audience.
2. Utilize video content: Create short-form videos to generate interest in your webinar—videos statistically have higher engagement online than still images! Share these videos on your website, social media platforms, and video-sharing platforms.
3. Leverage content marketing: Create valuable and relevant content related to your webinar topic—blog posts, infographics, and podcasts are common webinar companions. Promote this content through your website, social media platforms, and email marketing to drive traffic and generate interest in your webinar.
EXAMPLE: Create buzzworthy blogs or articles about the upcoming webinar’s topic. If it is an annual webinar or part of a series, include links to previous sessions.
4. Use paid advertising: Run targeted online advertising campaigns to reach your audience. Platforms like Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads offer precise targeting options. Craft compelling ad copy and use eye-catching visuals to grab attention and drive traffic to your registration page.
5. Understand the calls to action that resonate with your audience.
STAT: Using the CTA “Join Us” on webinars and events instead of “Learn More” increases conversions by 32%.
STAT: Use negations! There is a reason AMEX says, “Don’t leave home without it.” Negation messages like, “Don’t miss out on (fill in the blank)” increase conversion rates by 53%.
6. Implement retargeting strategies: Use retargeting techniques to reach people who have shown interest in your webinar but have not yet registered. Set up retargeting ads on platforms like Facebook or Google Ads to remind them of the webinar and encourage them to register.
STAT: Users are 43% more likely to convert when using retargeting methods.
7. Use your database. Email is still the most effective digital marketing tool.
STAT: Adding a name to a recipient subject line increases open rates by 20% and conversion rates by 31%.
8. Offer incentives for registration: Consider offering incentives such as early-bird discounts, exclusive resources, or access to additional content to encourage people to register for your webinar. Limited-time offers can create a sense of urgency and drive registrations.
EXAMPLE: An early-bird campaign ArtForm previously ran generated engagement above industry average and created a sense of urgency for attendees.
ArtForm’s AI Webinar Series has a wealth of good information and guidance on the ever-evolving applications of AI in business, marketing, and advertising. Check out our YouTube channel and stay tuned for more!