ArtForm Agency is committed to using artificial intelligence (AI) responsibly and ethically in alignment with our values and principles.
This policy outlines the responsible use of AI by employees of ArtForm Agency to ensure our work with this technology is ethical, fair, transparent, and respectful of human rights.
This policy applies to all employees of ArtForm Agency, regardless of their job title or department. It also applies to all AI-powered tools and technologies used by the agency.
- Artificial intelligence (AI): The U.S. government in 15 U.S.C. 9401(3) defines the term “artificial intelligence” as a machine-based system that can, for a given set of human-defined objectives, make predictions, recommendations, or decisions influencing real or virtual environments. Artificial intelligence systems use machine- and human-based inputs to perceive real and virtual environments; abstract such perceptions into models through analysis in an automated manner; and use model inference to formulate options for information or action.
- AI-powered tools and technologies: Any software or hardware that uses AI to perform a function.
Permitted Uses of AI
- Employees may use AI for information, research, and outlines.
- Employees may use AI to generate creative ideas and concepts.
- Employees may use AI to automate tasks.
- Employees may use AI to improve the efficiency of workflows.
Prohibited Uses of AI
- Employees must not train clients on AI, except for webinars or under the scope of consulting or training work.
- Employees must not use AI to engage in any activity that is discriminatory, unfair, or deceptive.
- Employees must not use AI to violate any person’s privacy rights.
- All employees must adhere to this AI Usage Policy.
- AI and AI-powered tools and technology must be used responsibly and ethically.
- Managers are responsible for ensuring that their employees are aware of and comply with this policy.
- All employees must disclose to clients if AI was used to generate any of the work that is delivered to them.
- AI-generated content must be reviewed, fact-checked, and edited before sending to a client.
Any employee who violates this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees will be required to complete training on the responsible use of AI. This training will cover topics such as the ethics of AI, the potential risks of AI, and the agency’s AI Usage Policy.